PoM study area and background
Blue Mountains City Council has prepared a Draft Plan of Management (dPoM) for Kingsford Smith Memorial Park (KSMP), 17 Gang Gang Street, Katoomba. KSMP Composed of 2.14ha of cool climate gardens and open lawns in a deep amphitheatre setting, the main part of KSMP consists of Crown Reserve managed by Blue Mountains City Council (BMCC) as Trust Managers (Crown Reserve 65643). Established in 1936, this park is valued for its
- Heritage Items
- Unique cool climate amphitheatre landscape
- Passive recreation
- Outdoor venue
The study area for KSMP includes the following parcels of land, and is depicted on the attached map in the library,
- Crown Reserve No. 65643, 17 Gang Gang Street Katoomba, Lot 7-13 DP 10800. Trust Name – Kingsford Smith Park, Trust Manager – BMCC. 1.213ha.
- Council Community Land. 19 Gang Gang Street Katoomba. Lot 11 DP 4824. 0.045ha
- William Street, Formed Road. 0.127ha
- Gang Gang Street, part of Road Reserve. 0.29ha
- Part of unformed Road Reserves of William St 0.3ha
This dPoM provides direction for the heritage, landscape and uses of this Pa
This consultation has concluded.