What is involved in each of the five proposed changes?
Enhance the entry to the village
- Provide a sense of night time arrival with lighting of the Neate Park footpath and new pedestrian pavement.
- Plantings and custom design balustrades at Govetts Leap Road intersection.
- Renewing footpaths and improving the passage of the Great Blue Mountains Trail.
Provide traffic calming devices on Govetts Leap Road
- Install a pedestrian crossing where the footpath widens to reduce crossing distances as well as providing space for additional street tree planting.
Create an integrated a town square
- Create a town square by closing the northern centre of the carpark and the Govetts Leap Road entry/exit. Note: See our Comparison chart (in the document library) for more information on the no vehicle access or one way vehicle access options at this area.
- Redesign of the existing carpark so there is no loss of car spaces.
Improve street frontage and access to the Community Hall on Gardiner Crescent
- Improve street frontage to hall including new kerbs and a designated loading bay.
- Review and renew footpaths leading to the hall.
Add a roundabout to the intersection of Wentworth and Govetts Leap Roads
- Install a roundabout and provide new kerbs, garden beds and custom design balustrades to reduce road width and to guide safe and practical movement in and around the area.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link