We had a fantastic response from the community to the Blackheath Village upgrade survey.
Almost 15% of the community completed the survey, and over 130 residents attended the drop in sessions, held in February 2020.
What you told us:
- You love the shops and village, and most of you are looking forward to the improvements identified in the Masterplan.
- There was a favourable response to a town square with residents loving the idea of more seating, gardens and water refill stations, as well as occasional events like markets, music and pop-up stalls in the village centre.
- The roundabout and better and safer access for pedestrians was at the top of the list of improvements you want to see in Blackheath.
- You want to see more efficient parking because it’s essential to the functioning and connection of the village.
- Traffic flow and access in the Sutton Lane carpark is also really important to you.