Play Space Final Design
Thanks to the hundreds of people that responded to our survey, we now have the final design for the replacement play space which will include:
- Sky climbing tower with a large tunnel slide.
- Double slide coming off an elevated platform which connects to the Sky Climber via rope climbing access.
- Triple bay swing set with infant seat, 2 x traditional sash swings, small nest swing and inclusive boat seat under a shade sail.
- Bushwood balance trails and climbing nets.
- Inclusive colourful carousel.
- Sensory equipment such as infinity mirror, musical instruments and tactile interactive tunnel.
- A communication board which is a helpful tool that uses symbols and images instead of words to help kids and their carers communicate.
- Fully accessible timber decking with seating, under the tree canopy facing out toward the lake.
- There will be areas for quiet play and downtime.
- The soft fall will be an earthy colour.
- Fencing around the perimeter of the play space.
- More than 25 trees planted throughout the Wentworth Falls Lake landscape.
To see the designs please click here
Construction to commence in early March 2021.
Council secured $200 000 through the ‘Everyone Can Play’ grant which will top up Council’s contribution of $400 000 to make this happen.