Key aims of the Water Sensitive Strategic Plan
- to protect our natural water resources and care for Ngurra (Country);
- to manage our water resources and assets more efficiently and sustainably;
- to deliver better outcomes for the city with regards to water security, liveability, flood risk management, climate change resilience, waterway health, aquatic biodiversity, water literacy and connected communities;
- to mitigate the impact of urban development on our waterways through best practice stormwater management; and
- to ensure the quality and quantity of surface and groundwater is not diminished.
Consultation has concluded