Young People Input into the Community Strategic Plan
A consultation with the Blue Mountains City Council Youth Council was held on 25 May 2016 at the Council Chambers in Katoomba. The key aims of this consultation were to:
- Gain an understanding of key issues of importance to young people;
- Better understand young people’s priority focus; and
- Obtain young people’s input into the update of the Community Strategic Plan.
Participants identified the following as the top priorities for action in the Blue Mountains over the next 10 years:
- More options for work, study and recreation in the Blue Mountains;
- Improved access to, frequency, safety and timeliness of public transport;
- An inclusive community with religious, racial, political, sexual and economic diversity; and
- Encouraging the development of a Blue Mountains University.
The Youth Council Consultation Report contains further information about the workshop outcomes.
Thank you for your interest in this project. This consultation is now over and the final document can be accessed online at www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au.