Engagement with Older People
Consultation was conducted during July-August 2016 by independent researchers from Elton Consulting to inform the development of the Blue Mountains Ageing Strategy and the review and update of the Community Strategic Plan.
Consultation strategies included:
- One workshop with Aged Care Service Providers;
- Two focus groups with Seniors; and
- One workshop with Council staff.
Key priorities emerging from the various consultations were:
- Age-friendly public spaces and buildings;
- Accessible, affordable and safe transport;
- Housing - ageing in place;
- Social participation - accessible and affordable activities and venues;
- Respect and social inclusion;
- Civic participation and meaningful employment;
- Age-friendly communication and information; and
- Accessible and affordable health services.
Thank you for your interest in this project. This consultation is now over and the final document can be accessed online at www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au.