Update – 25 February 2022
SOUTH LAWSON PARK UPDATE – 25 February 2022
South Lawson Park Upgrade
We are seeking community feedback on the current project at South Lawson Park - until 14 March 2022.
The current works include:
- More than 2km of shared pathway – from both Ferris Lane and Wilson Street towards the new fenced dog off leash area – that will continue around as a loop walk, so all members of the community can enjoy the park
- A fenced dog off leash area that is significantly larger than the current dog off leash area, with several tracks and play zones
- A nature exploration play area
- Grass terrace seating for informal gatherings and small community events
- Water refill stations and seating throughout the park.
The Community-endorsed South Lawson Park Masterplan states the vision for South Lawson Park is to create: “A significant public resource where recreation is integrated with protection of the natural environment, community values are reflected and needs are met sustainably.”
We want to know – do you support the current vision for South Lawson Park?
That is, to create a significant recreational space that balances the needs of a wide cross-section of the community and improves the protection of nearby waterways.
We are also asking for feedback on:
- The type of fencing for the dog off leash area
- Placement of the fence line, along the southern edge of the dog off leash area
- Placement of water stations and relocated log seating.
Have your say at on-site consultation events, near the Ferris Lane entry, on:
- Friday, 4 March 11am-2pm
- Saturday, 5 March 11am-2pm
- Friday, 11 March 11am-2pm
- Saturday, 12 March 11am-2pm
Or you can also have your say online, by completing our survey below.
Please read our fact sheets about the current project before completing our survey.
Consultation fact sheets
- South Lawson Park – Community Consultation Notification
- South Lawson park – Upgrade Overview
- South Lawson Park – Community Consultation
- South Lawson Park – HAVE YOUR SAY on the Vision
- South Lawson park – Increasing the Riparian Zone
- South Lawson Park – Shared Path for all
- South Lawson Park – Dog Off Leash Area
- South Lawson Park – HAVE YOUR SAY on the Dog off Leash Area Fencing and Water Stations
- South Lawson Park – Additional Features
- South Lawson Park – Protection of the Environment
Have your say online, by completing our survey below.