Implementation of the Masterplan
Council adopted the Lawson Crown Lands Masterplan on 25 June 2019 and is proceeding with the detailed design of the Stage One facilities that include:
- Increased riparian buffer planting along the boundary of what was the former golf course
- Improved pedestrian access to surrounding streets and bush trails, and to the town centre
- Improved detention pond for water quality to Lawson Creek, and associated play and picnic areas
- Circular walking path and arboretum, accessible where possible with rest facilities
- A fenced dog off-leash area with seating and a variety of spaces.
The masterplan was developed with extensive community consultation and supports achievement of our community strategic objective creating vibrant places for people to live, work and play. The draft masterplan was publicly exhibited from Wednesday 6 March to Thursday 4 April 2019 and submissions received up until COB 18 April 2019.
You can access the final masterplan and supporting documents are available in the document library.
Please note the masterplan is conceptual and does not represent a development proposal or development options.
Construction of Stage One is subject to detailed design and further public consultation. Stage Two is subject to further investigation on the need for sporting facilities, amenity and environmental matters.