Council has now adopted the Master Plan and Plan of Management
Council has now adopted the Masterplan and Plan of Management for South Lawson Park.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the consultation process. Construction on the park is due to begin in 2021.
Please see our news feed for regular project updates.
To view the Plan of Management which was adopted on 30 March 2021 go to: https://www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/documents/plan-of-management-south-lawson-park
To view the Masterplan which was adopted on 30 March 2021 go to: https://www.bmcc.nsw.gov.au/documents/south-lawson-park-masterplan.
Features of the new park will include:
- Accessible paths will go from both Ferris Lane and Wilson Street towards the new dog area and continue around as a loop walk so you can enjoy the quieter outskirts of the park.
- Once inside the fenced dog off leash area, you can choose from several tracks and play zones with opportunities to play and run and rest.
- The nature exploration area will offer opportunities for families to discover and be led by the natural features.
- Close by, grass terrace seating creates a natural amphitheatre for informal gatherings and small community events.
- Water refill stations will be available throughout the park.
- We are increasing the edge of the riparian zone. This means planting more locally sourced natives to protect the creekline, swamp and wet areas.