The completed designs for the fenced dog off leash area and accessible path include:
- An accessible path will go from the Ferris Lane carpark (near Lawson Oval) past the nature exploration area and amphitheatre to the fenced dog off leash area.
- The nature exploration area will offer opportunities for families to discover and be led by the natural features such as boulders, logs and sand.
- Close by the grass terrace seating will create a natural amphitheatre for informal gatherings and small community events.
- Another accessible path will come from Wilson Street in a sweeping walkway to meet the lower entrance to the dog off leash area.
- There will be accessible loop walks between 1 and 2km long. One will follow the boundary of the dog off leash area and another will allow you to venture further, enjoying the quieter outskirts of the parklands.
- Once inside the fenced dog off leash area, you can choose from several tracks and play zones as well as areas to sit, relax and chat.
- The dog play opportunities and agility activities will include tunnels, turf mounds and long runs.
- Water refill stations will be positioned at the entrance to both the park and inside the fenced dog off leash area.
- We are increasing the edge of the riparian zone, meaning that we are planting more locally sourced natives to protect the creekline, swamp and wet areas.
- There will be additional native planting underneath the canopy in some bush areas.
- To alert users to Adelina Falls, a low fence and entrance gate will be placed along the walking track.
Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin Email this link