Preparing the New Plan of Management
Preparing the revised Plan of Management will include a review of the existing Plan. This process will include:
- Engagement and consultation with former Gully residents, their descendants and other stakeholders;
- Assessment of relevant information and knowledge to be included in the revised plan;
- Assessment and determination of current management issues and future opportunities for the Gully;
- Updating of the management policies and the action plan for the Gully; and
- Prioritisation and costing of actions and works.
The existing Plan of Management does not include the Katoomba Falls sports fields or Tourist Park. The inclusion of these areas into the Gully plan of Management is a significant change from the existing plan.
The revised Plan will be developed with reference to the Local Government Act 1993, the Crown Lands Management Act 2016, the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974, and with the Guideline for Developing Management Plans for declared Aboriginal Places. (OEH 2012) The plan also needs to consider the future implications of the Aboriginal Cultural Heritage Bill 2018, which is earmarked to replace functions of the National Parks and Wildlife Act 1974 in relation to the management and protection of Aboriginal places.