Young Citizen of the Year - Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Refers to the annual Blue Mountains Local Young Citizen of the Year award that recognises exceptional contributions made by an individual under the age of 24 (inclusive)
to the local community in the areas of community services, charitable work, education/school development, environment, arts and culture, employment, humanitarian, sporting endeavours (administration, coaching, managing, playing etc.) or initiatives that enhance the quality of life for residents.
- Nominee must be an Australian Citizen
- Nominee must be a resident of the Blue Mountains LG
- Nominee must be 24 years of age or younger
- Nominee must not have received this award previously
- Awards will not be granted posthumously
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years
- Nominee must not fall within any of the ineligibility categories as stated below.
- The award must be for work performed principally within the Blue Mountains LGA
- Consideration will be given to a nominee’s community activities and work undertaken in the years prior to the nomination year.
- The nominee must be held in high regard in the community.
- The nominee’s community work must be of a high calibre.
- The statements from the referee/s for the nominee will be considered.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link