Environmental Citizen of the Year - Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The Environmental Citizen of the Year Awards will recognise individuals or organisations championing litter reduction and/or environmental initiatives in the local community.
- preserving the environment
- innovative use of the Return and Earn scheme to fundraise for a meaningful cause
- fostering partnerships that achieve litter reduction and recycling outcomes
- as above and;
- Nominee must be an Australian Citizen
- Nominee must be a resident of the Blue Mountains LG
- Awards will not be granted posthumously
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years
- Nominee must not fall within any of the ineligibility categories as stated below.
- The award must be for work performed principally within the Blue Mountains LGA
- Consideration will be given to a nominee’s community activities and work undertaken in the years prior to the nomination year.
- The nominee must be held in high regard in the community.
- The nominee’s community work must be of a high calibre.
- The statements from the referee/s for the nominee will be considered.