Citizen of the Year - Eligibility and Selection Criteria
Refers to the annual Blue Mountains Local Citizen of the Year award that recognises exceptional contributions made by an individual between the ages of 25 - 64 (inclusive)
to the local community in the areas of community services, charitable work, education/school development, environment, arts and culture, employment, humanitarian, sporting endeavours (administration, coaching, managing, playing etc.) or initiatives that enhance the quality of life for residents.
- Nominee must be an Australian Citizen
- Nominee must be a resident of the Blue Mountains LGA
- Nominee must be between 25 - 64 (inclusive) years of age
- Nominee must not have received this award previously
- Awards will not be granted posthumously
- Unsuccessful nominees may be re-nominated in subsequent years
- Nominee must not fall within any of the ineligibility categories as stated below.
- The award must be for work performed principally within the Blue Mountains LGA
- Consideration will be given to a nominee’s community activities and work undertaken in the years prior to the nomination year.
- The nominee must be held in high regard in the community.
- The nominee’s community work must be of a high calibre.
- The statements from the referee/s for the nominee will be considered.
Share on Facebook
Share on Linkedin
Email this link