November 2016: Community Workshop Results
Council conducted a walk - in community workshop on November 28 2016 with around 130 community visitors. The workshop was held to gather community comments about the town centre. Participants were invited to review a wide range of materials - you can view an overview here.
To view the following summary documents from the workshop, click here:
- Findings: Opportunities
- Findings Map: Opportunities
- Findings: Negative vs. Positive
- Findings Map: Positives
- Findings Map: Negatives
Vibrant, distinctive and welcoming, blaxland village centre retains, enhances and expands its offer of varied services, facilities and activities, while providing A hub for the local community.
- Recognise, reinforce and enhance Blaxland’s current position as a service town of considerable convenience;
- Clarify and enhance Blaxland’s identity and visible character as a unique Blue Mountains town centre;
- Add value to Blaxland and encourage longer visitations through town centre living, village atmosphere, increased commercial offer and improvements to amenity and diversity;
- Express a distinct sense of arrival on the Great Western Highway frontage;
- Improve and increase community functions within the town centre;
- Improve town centre access, traffic movement and parking efficiency.