Have your say on new duck pond upgrade designs
New concept sketches of what the upgraded duck pond at Blackheath Soldiers Memorial Park could look like are now available for community review and feedback, which will help inform the final designs.
To view and have your say on the draft concept, take part in the online survey here by Wednesday 13 April 2022. Survey now closed.
Council will also hold an information stall in Blackheath Village Centre (outside the Friendly Grocer, 14-16 Govetts Leap Road), on:
- Thursday 31 March: 11am – 2pm
- Tuesday 5 April: 10.30am – 1.30pm
Staff will be available at the stall to discuss the draft plans, provide survey forms and answer questions about this exciting project.
Blue Mountains City Council is prioritising the upgrade of the duck pond to enhance the visitor experience at the park, by improving safety, accessibility, water quality and community facilities.
The new duck pond concept includes:
- A new accessible loop path around the pond
- Replacing the existing barbeque shelter with a new and accessible one
- A deck out over the pond
- Improved sight lines into the pond
- Changes to the pond shape and edges to improve water quality and habitat
- Safer pond edges and removal of some portions of the existing fence
- Relocating the arch swings as part of the associated play space upgrade